Cooling Tower Structure
Pultruded profiles dominate the cooling tower market as the material of choice for field erected cooling towers. Pultruded profiles offer many positive attributes; it is recognized as the best structural material for cooling tower construction.
Conventional cooling towers were made of wood, steel or concrete. The life of wood is not more than 10 years, for steel 15 and that of concrete 15 years because of the wet/moist environment. The best solution is Pultruded FRP sections which has a life of more than 25 years.
General Composites, an advanced and integrated composite design, development and manufacturing facility, is one stop destination for composite solutions. The company is equipped to deliver excellence from the simplest to the most complex application.
General composites follow CTI 137 for composite products and components being used for both dry and wet cooling towers.
Range of products/ components being used in various cooling tower applications are..
- Pultruded structural framing material
- Pultruded decking
- Pultruded stairways and handrails
- Cage ladders
- Headers and supports
- Partition wall
- Walk way grating
- Cable trays
- Fan blades
Standard Pultruded sections exhibit the following properties:
- Light Weight High Strength (Stronger in Tensile Strength & Lighter than Steel)
- Corrosion Resistance (Acid, Alkali & Marine environment)
- Thermal Insulation
- Excellent Surface Finish
- Magnetic Transparency
- Termite Proof
- Maintenance Free
- Excellent Aesthetics
- Light Weight- reduces transportation costs, less need for heavy lifting on-site
- Less Dead Weight-less structural material is required, reduces resource consumption
- Long Lifespan-durability, resists environmental degradation
- Resistance to corrosion, rot, mildew, mold, insects.
- Reduces time and cost.
- Environmentally Responsible Material Choice
GCPL manufactures a wide range of Pultruded Fibreglass (FRP/GRP) Products for use in Corrosion Resistant Structural & Electrical applications. All the products are manufactured in accordance with:
- ASTM D 4385 – 10
- ASTM D 696 – 08
- ASTM D 790 – 10
- ASTM D 695 – 10
- ASTM D 638 – 10
- ASTM D 2344M – 13
Pultruded sections manufactured by GCPL can replace conventional applications of Steel, Wood, and Aluminium & Plastics. GCPL
UV resistant properties as per ASTM G 154 – 12, ASTM G 155 – 13.
Electrical Insulation properties as per ASTM D 149 – 09.
Material is supplied in Polyester and can be supplied on special order basis in Vinyl ester, Phenolic, Polyurethane and epoxy.