Highway Crash Barriers
One of the main applications of FRP for Highway infrastructure can be for Crash Barriers. FRP Crash barriers are safer. By replacing traditional Galvanized steel safety barriers with FRP, potential injury during road collisions could be avoided.
- Corrosion Resistant
- Impact resistant
- Easy to field Fabricate
- Structurally Strong
- Low in thermal Conductivity
- Ease of assembly
- Cost Effective
- Light Weight- reduces transportation costs, less need for heavy lifting on-site
- Less Dead Weight-less structural material is required, reduces resource consumption
- Long Lifespan-durability, resists environmental degradation
- Resistance to corrosion, rot, mildew, mold, insects
- Safer than conventional GI crash barriers.
GCPL manufactures a wide range of Pultruded Fiberglass (FRP/GRP) Products for use in Corrosion Resistant Structural & Electrical applications. All the products are manufactured in accordance with:
- ASTM D 4385 – 10
- ASTM D 696 – 08
- ASTM D 790 – 10
- ASTM D 695 – 10
- ASTM D 638 – 10
- ASTM D 2344M – 13
Pultruded sections manufactured by General Composites can replace conventional applications of Steel, Wood, and Aluminium & Plastics. GCPL
UV resistant properties as per ASTM G 154 – 12, ASTM G 155 – 13.
Material is supplied in Polyester and can be supplied on special order basis in Vinyl ester, Phenolic, Polyurethane and epoxy.